TOWN OF FRONT ROYAL, VIRGINIA
The Town of Front Royal has an opening for a Meter Reader in the Finance Department. The primary responsiblity is to read and record, on hand-held electronic devices, the water and electricity consumption of the Town's utility customers. Applicants should have a good knowledge of Town streets, an excellent driving record and ability to walk for long periods of time/distances in varying weather conditions. Entry level hourly rate is $12.22. Position is open until filled.
The successful applicant will be required to take and pass a pre-employment, post-offer physical exam and drug screening, paid for by the Town and background check conducted by the Virginia State Police.
Front Royal is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
1. List any experience you may have related to reading meters or working with hand-held computers.
2. What knowledge do you have of the Town of Front Royal's streets?
3. Do you consider yourself a safe driver and do you feel your driving record reflects being a safe driver?
4. Please provide your idea of providing excellent customer service and give your thoughts as to how this could be applied to the meter reader position.
5. Why are you interest in becoming a meter reader and working for the Town of Front Royal?