Maintenance Worker - Streets/Concrete Division - Posted 8/31/17
TOWN OF FRONT ROYAL, VIRGINIA
FULL-TIME MAINTENANCE WORKER. Position open in our Environmental Service Department. Performs a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled manual labor in the maintenance and repair of public facilities, buildings, grounds, streets, utilities and related facilities. Previous experience in concrete work, excavating, forming/framing, pouring, and backfilling. Will require other work in the maintenance of streets and snow removal. Essential job duties include ability to work in extreme weather conditions, ability to operate vehicles and ability to occasionally lift and carry heavy objects weighing up to 100 lbs. Successful applicants must have a previous work record with good attendance, a driver’s license in good standing and be able to obtain a Class B with air brake endorsement within six months of employment. Must also be able to obtain flagger certification within six months of employment. The successful candidate must undergo and pass a pre-employment, post-offer physical examination and drug screening, paid for by the Town, and a criminal background check. Hourly rate begins at $11.08 - Depending on qualifications. Postion is open until filled.
Successful candidates must submit to and pass a pre-employment, post-offer physical exam and drug screen, paid for by the Town and a criminal records check performed by the Virginia State Police.
Front Royal is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
1. Why would working for the Town of Front Royal be a good choice for you?
2. Explain what knowledge and experience you have with concrete or asphalt.
3. What types of tools and equipment have you used?
4. Are you able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs and work in all types of weather?
5. Are you able to work after hours, weekends and holidays if and when needed?
6. Have you ever performed snow removal ? What types of equipment have you used?
7. If you do not have a CDL, can you obtain one within 6 months?
8. Are you willing to attend training classes and cross train with other departments?
9. Have you worked within or alongside street right-of-ways. Have you set up work zones or signs?
10. Do you have any former training or certifications?