Senior Maintenance Worker Wastewater Treatment Plant
TOWN OF FRONT ROYAL, VIRGINIA
The Town of Front Royal is currently seeking a qualified Full-time Senior Maintenance Worker who has related experience performing various groundskeeping and maintenance of duties in a wastewater treatment plant environment. This position is a G-5 $15.73 depending upon experience and qualifications. Position will work 7AM – 3:30PM, Monday-Friday.
An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all the following essential duties:
- Maintain the grounds and structures of the Wastewater Plant & lift stations.
- Check sewage lift stations; record daily flows, grease and make adjustments equipment when required.
- Operates pickup trucks tractors, mowers, fork truck, string trimmers, chainsaw, snow blowers, snow plowing equipment.
- Assist in sludge dewatering operations when required.
- Snow removal of the Wastewater Plant & lift stations.
- Unload and store chemicals and supplies in their proper places.
- Clean and service pumps, motors, and other equipment.
- Perform daily inspections of process equipment and pumps of the facility.
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment and pumps.
- Maintain records on preventive maintenance performed on equipment
- Perform building and grounds maintenance duties.
- Assists Senior Maintenance Technician in repairs of process equipment.
- Perform related tasks as required.
- Must possess a valid Virginia Driver's License
First review of applications will be September 16, 2019. Position is open until filled.
The successful applicant will be required to take and pass a pre-employment, post-offer physical exam and drug screening, paid for by the Town and background investigation.
Front Royal is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
Please answer the following:
1) Do you have any industrial mechanical talents?
2) Would you mind working around sewage?
3) Do you have any plumbing or pipefitting experience?
4) Can you work in varying weather conditions such as rain, snow and extreme heat?
5) Are you afraid of heights?
6) What experience do you have operating grounds keeping equipment?
7) Can you climb stairs?
8) Do you have a valid Virginia Driver's License?