Electric Line Crew Supervisor
TOWN OF FRONT ROYAL, VIRGINIA
Position is open in our Energy Services Department as an Electric Line Crew Supervisor. Hourly rate is $31.16 and is open until filled.
This is a working supervisor position requiring experience in a supervisory role over subordinate crew members.
The Crew Supervisor will both participate in and supervise the installation, maintenance and repair of overhead and underground power transmission and distribution lines and related facilities; enforcing safety rules, maintaining records and files.
Additionally, the Supervisor will:
- * Prioritize work orders and assign crews to specific duties;
- * Supervises and participates in the work of the energized power line crew engaged in the construction, maintenance and repair of electric transmission and distribution lines;
- * Supervises crews in changing out lines, setting poles and moving cross arms, wires, transformers and related equipment;
- * Supervises the hanging of new stop lights and street lights, directs wiring operations and makes
- operational checks to ensure lights are working properly;
- * Climbs poles, operates bucket truck; installs hardware, fuses, and transformers and pulls wire, sets
- * Does routine and special maintenance work such as checking lines for wear, repairing damaged facilities and replacing defective equipment;
- * Trains and instructs new line workers;
- * Handles MISS UTILITY – locating underground cable.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school and extensive experience in electric line work including supervisory experience. Completion of a lineman training program is required.
Successful candidate must submit to and pass a pre-employment, post-offer physical exam and drug screen, paid for by the Town and a criminal records check performed by the Virginia State Police.
Front Royal is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
- What interest you most about this position?
- Tell me about your electrical experience/knowledge. (Transmission, Distribution, Substation)
- Do you have any computer training? If so what?
- What single technical skill or ability is your best asset?
- What would you consider good customer service?
- Do you have any supervisory skills? How many employees have you supervised?
- If your work is criticized how do you handle it?
- Why do you think Front Royal Energy Services is a positive career move for you?