Police Communications Officer or Trainee
TOWN OF FRONT ROYAL, VIRGINIA
The Front Royal Police Department has an opening for a Police Communications Officer Trainee (CO). This position is full-time, requires weekends and holidays. Essential duty is to monitor the communications system and relay information to Police Officers in the field. CO’s also assist walk-in citizens with information. Applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent and computer experience. General knowledge of communication systems preferred but not required. Valid driver’s license is required. Must possess the ability to communicate with others in a professional manner and demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills. Proven history of regular, reliable and punctual attendance required. Must be able to learn and apply new information and knowledge in a timely manner. High level of alertness, flexibility to change, and multi-tasking required. Position is open until filled.
Front Royal offers a competitive salary, beginning at, $13.49 per hour. The successful applicant must submit to and pass a pre-employment, post-offer physical examination and drug screen, paid for by the Town and a comprehensive background check.
Please complete the questions below.
Front Royal is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
1. What experience do you have dealing with the public?
2. Do you have experience in dealing with public safety or disaster work?
3. Please give an example of your ability to multi-task.
4. Are you at least 18 years of age?
5. Do you have any felongy or serious misdemeanor criminal charges/convictions?
6. Do you have a a valid Commonwealth of Virginia Driver's license?